Tuesday 26 February 2013

Chocolate-Banana Recovery Smoothie

Hey everyone , I hope you enjoyed all of our posts last week! Let us know if your trying them at home and leave your comments below. Thanks. So, what is the yummy smoothie for this week.... Its a Chocolate Banana Smoothie. This is one the most filling and delicious smoothies I have made to date. Its good for you after a workout and it tastes like a candy bar blended up into a cup. Delicious!!

So here are the ingredients that I used for my smoothie..

I also used quick oats regular quaker oatmeal to thicken it up.

So all you do is throw your ingredients in the blender and blend them up. I usually put my ice cubes in first just because they are the hardest to be ground up.

Then put it your banana, I usually split it in half and throw it in there. You can even use two bananas if you want a stronger banana flavor.

Then scoop out the peanut butter with a large spoon and dump it in there. As demonstrated in the picture below.


Now pour about a cup of either chocolate milk or chocolate coconut water into the blender. You can use a bit more or less depending on how thick you want your smoothie.



Open the bag of oatmeal and pour it on top of everything in the blender, close it and turn it on. Let it blend for a minute or two. Or until you reach your desired consistency.



Here is the finished product.


After you try it out let me know what you think. Thanks and check back tomorrow for a homemade hummus recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment